Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Binge Day

Another binge day yesterday. I can't properly explain it- I'm not hungry but I literally cannot stop myself. I feel my whole body tense up as if I need to feed that feeling. It's like craving a drink or a cigarette. That's how I need food when I'm in the middle of a binge. And since I've quit smoking (2 months and 3 days!) and drinking (over 2 years ago).

Anyway, today so far I seem to be ok. I'm being kind to myself. I am in the middle of Geneen Roth's "Why Weight?" and I can tell it WILL help me if I am able to stick to the damn guidelines. They are simple, but one seems completely impossible - stopping eating when you're not hungry. This is so foreign to me! I literally CAN NOT STOP once I start.

2 comments:

  1. i just wanted to say thanks. i'm not sure how i came to your blog, but i relate to it so much and truly appreciate your honesty. i've been binging since mother's day and am so at my wits end with the cycle... i found strength in your words so thanks for that... i hope you continue to write and i hope things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU so much for writing. I've fallen off the grid here and it was hard to get back into blogging, but just by you reaching out and saying I helped you I'm back! Gotta write a little more today. The binges have actually been SLIGHTLY better. Please keep writing me! I need to be encouraged every now and again to make sure someone's reading ;)

    ReplyDelete


By: Twitter Buttons